Questions of Willful Blindness
My name is Justin Paperny and I know first-hand what follows when we choose to look the other way. In this course, I reveal the lessons I learned about willful blindness. I once worked in the financial services industry as a stockbroker. When I suspected that one of my clients had been operating a Ponzi scheme, I chose to ignore evidence of a crime. One bad decision after another led to my being complicit in his crime. As a result, I was subjected to a government investigation, then a criminal prosecution. This course reveals the lessons I learned about willful blindness.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- What is willful blindness?
- What is wire fraud?
- What is mail fraud?
- What is securities fraud?
- What influences a prison term.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Grasp the legal consequences of willful blindness
- Explain the nuances of mail fraud, wire fraud, and securities fraud
- Describe the influences of federal sentencing
- Reveal why denial can exacerbate legal troubles
- Understand how inattention to ethics can lead people astray
Any professional that faces ethical dilemmas in the course of a career.
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.