Analyzing Financial Statements
This course provides tools and insights into financial statement analysis - both quantitative and qualitative. We'll look not only at the three main financial statements but also dive into the MD&A and footnotes. We'll also discuss the affect of industry nuances on comparability of different analysis tools.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- Balance sheet analysis
- Income statement analysis
- Cash flow statement analysis
- Clues in the notes and MD&A
- Industry nuances
After attending this presentation, you will be able to:
- Apply common ratio analysis to financial statements
- Consider qualitative analysis outside of the basic financial statements
- Understand how nuances within and between industries can affect the analysis
Anyone with a basic understanding of financial statements
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.