Making Internal Audit an Asset for the CFO
Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) created a specific deliverable for Internal Audit causing many CFO's to underutilize this important resource by not focusing on the other areas where Internal Audit can improve controls and productivity and reduce cost and risk. In this session veteran Chief Audit Executive Charles Silvey will discuss often overlooked opportunities for internal audit to add value.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- Overlooked benefits your Internal Audit function can provide
- Developing finance/audit personnel
- Broadening finance staff assignments
- Creating guest auditor rotations to develop and share best practices
- Improving operational auditing
- Enhancing compliance auditing
- Creating third party auditing process to ensure out sourced risk is managed
- Driving a culture of control
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Understand how to utilize your Internal Audit resources to improve operational performance
- Understand how your Internal Audit resources will improve financial performance.
Financial managers at all levels.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.