COVID-19: Complex Financial Statement and Reporting Issues
This course highlights key financial statement presentation and reporting issues stemming from COVID-19 such as accounting for business interruption claims and other contingencies, the impact of changes to the business operations on the footnote disclosures, new and challenging risks and uncertainties, material subsequent events including the declaration of the state of emergency, receipt of PPP loan proceeds, refinancing, as well as challenges to the going concern assumption inherent in the financial presentation.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- COVID-19 financial statement presentation and reporting challenges
- Accounting for discontinued operations and insurance proceeds
- Discussion of key financial reporting and audit considerations
- Evaluating the impact of subsequent events and ongoing concern on financial reporting and disclosure and the auditors' reports
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Navigate financial statement presentation and reporting issues resulting from COVID-19
- Stay in compliance with U.S. GAAP and AICPA requirements
- Avoid peer review findings
CPAs in Public Practice
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.