Interviewing Skills with Dr. Toby Groves
Learn informational interviewing skills that will enhance your ability to glean important information from client interview sessions. Interviewing uses a multi-faceted interpersonal skillset including the ability to ask great questions, form compelling arguments, build trust, present ideas persuasively, inspire others to action, adapt to changing circumstances, and see issues from competing perspectives. These skills elevate confidence and cultivate empathy during the interview interaction.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- Communicating in different cultures
- Asking powerful questions
- Improvisation techniques useful in interviewing sessions
- Metacommunication, para-linguistics and body language
- Feedback and active listening
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Identify at least two strategies for communicating in different cultures
- Identify three questioning techniques to yield more informative answers
- Identify at least three techniques from improvisation useful in interviews
- Define metacommunication
- Identify three characteristics of active listening
CPAs interested in developing strong interviewing skills and asking questions that yield a higher quality of information
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.