Metathinking: New Critical Thinking Strategies for CPAs
Metathinking is a leading-edge, neuroscience-based approach to achieve radical improvements in critical thinking and decision-making. Metathinking strategies provide greater transparency of our thinking processes and ways to uncover hidden influences that affect our reasoning.
Attendees will learn advanced methods of attention, awareness and thought regulation for increased adaptability and resilience. Metathinking boosts core confidence, stimulates strong leadership and communication skills, and advances problem-solving abilities.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- Mindset and emotional intelligence
- Strategies to uncover unconscious thinking processes
- Explicit and implicit learning
- Habit replacement
- Decision-making under pressure
- Mental resiliency
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Recognize three aspects of emotional intelligence and how to apply them
- Learn five characteristics of growth mindset and how to achieve them
- Learn three strategies to achieve greater transparency
- Learn three strategies to make better decisions under pressure
CPAs and other decision makers interested in improving critical thinking skills and judgment quality
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.