The New Psychology of Professional Skepticism
The complexity of our environment has outgrown old and superficial approaches to professional skepticism. In this session, Dr. Groves teaches a radically different and more effective method of skeptical judgment. Attendees will experience fascinating demonstrations and learn about the hidden influences that impact professional judgment.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- Dimensions of skeptical reasoning
- The "mind-lens" approach to challenging faulty assumptions
- Understand how to tune their skeptical "signal to noise" ratio
- The role of situational awareness in skepticism
- How to determine the reliability and validity of evidence
- How to match skeptical reasoning to the environment
- Learn how to uncover hidden biases that damage skepticism
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Identify three dimensions of skeptical reasoning
- Identify three biases that damage effective skepticism
- Identify three characteristics of effective skeptical judgment
Designed for CPAs and other decision makers interested in enhancing the accuracy of skeptical judgments
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.