The Tax Bill is Huge! What's Next for your Client
The return is complete but your client has a huge tax bill! What can you do to help? Or you have a new client and they have historical IRS debt. We'll outline the top ways for your client to manage the money they owe the IRS. Learn about how the collections system works and how you can be a hero to your clients when working with the IRS to manage their debt.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- IRS collection process
- How the IRS utilizes Tax Liens and Tax Levies to collect back taxes, and the various options practitioners have to help taxpayers.
- Review of the collection alternatives available, including installment agreements, noncollectable status, offers-in-compromise and bankruptcy.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Identify how to begin a civil audit engagement including client onboarding, pricing, engagement letters, Power of Attorney management, and how to prepare for the initial meeting with the auditor
- Recognize what the notices and forms you will encounter mean and how to read them
- Create a case plan and checklist of documentation, files, and other items you will need from the client
- Identify the strategies for handling the auditor and the client
CPAs and Accountants
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.