Red Collar Crime: When Clients, Staff and CPAs Turn Violent
No one thinks that a coworker, fellow partner or client, would be violent, but it does happen. Usually when their fraud is about to be exposed. Most accountants and CPAs don't know that a few of their own are killed or harmed every year.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
10 cases you won't believe actually happened
- Tax preparer shot by client
- Small firm partner murdered by client over business structure
- Small company CEO hires hit on his accountant
- Partner tries to kill clients
- Insurance agent who killed auditor
- Graduate accounting professor commits suicide over students
- Spouse kills tax accountant spouse
- Political accountant kills client's wife
- CPA's client killed over failed business
- Corporate accountant kills witness
Use actual cases to find out why accountants, CPAs and clients have committed crimes because of their work.
Managing partners, public practitioners, financial managers, Controllers, CFOs, safety executives, HR, attorneys
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.