Vendor Fraud: Protecting Against a Growing Threat
Every dollar that you lose in a vendor fraud is a dollar of lost profit. This course will help you to understand what vendor fraud is as well as give you examples on how to detect it. This is a growing problem and one you need to be aware of so that it doesn't cost you a loss of your profits.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
- External and internal vendor and AP frauds
- Vendor frauds that can cost you more than theft of goods or cash
- Subcontractor fraud
- Who commits vendor fraud
- Vendor invoicing fraud
- Manipulating vendor checks
- The red flags of vendor frauds
- Straw and fake suppliers: Case studies
- Kickback schemes
You will learn:
- How to recognize the warning signs of vendor fraud
- How to avoid the most common mistakes that allow vendor fraud
- Simple controls to detect and prevent vendor fraud
CPAs, controllers, CFOs, SMB owners and managers, bankers, internal auditors, regulators, attorneys, compliance officers, risk managers
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.