Vendor Fraud: Protecting Against a Growing Threat
Every dollar that you lose in a vendor fraud is a dollar of lost profit. This course will help you to understand what vendor fraud is as well as give you examples on how to detect it. This is a growing problem and one you need to be aware of so that it doesn't cost you a loss of your profits.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
- External and internal vendor and AP frauds
- Vendor frauds that can cost you more than theft of goods or cash
- Subcontractor fraud
- Who commits vendor fraud
- Vendor invoicing fraud
- Manipulating vendor checks
- The red flags of vendor frauds
- Straw and fake suppliers: Case studies
- Kickback schemes
You will learn:
- How to recognize the warning signs of vendor fraud
- How to avoid the most common mistakes that allow vendor fraud
- Simple controls to detect and prevent vendor fraud
CPAs, controllers, CFOs, SMB owners and managers, bankers, internal auditors, regulators, attorneys, compliance officers, risk managers
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.