Accounts Payable Fraud: Detection and Prevention Essentials
Do you know why A/P is the biggest risk in small and midsize entities? Join us to learn the simple, zero cost ways that will assist you in virtually eliminating the risks involved in your A/P accounting practices. The instructor, Peter Goldmann, will cover a wide range of vendor fraud topics and discuss some cases of these types of fraud. A great webinar for understanding and lowering the risks in regards to A/P.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
Goldmann will explain the risks and show you cases of Accounts Payable fraud including:
- How much is A/P fraud in SMB
- Why A/P fraud is a bigger risk the smaller the entity
- Financial and non-financial warning signs of A/P fraud
- Simple low and zero cost controls for A/P fraud
- Similarities and differences between internal and external A/P fraud
- A/P fraud risks for employee and management level
After this class you will ...
- Know what Accounts Payable fraud "looks like" in your accounting records
- Be able to use simple procedures that minimize employee A/P fraud
- Know how to minimize external A/P fraud
- Know why going to the post office is a great control
- What records and information to check to validate new vendors
- How to analyze pricing and competitive bidding patterns to spot fraud
CPAs, CFOs, controllers, bankers (only if you want the loan repaid), executives (reduce fraud = more profits), internal auditors, regulators, attorneys, compliance officers, risk managers
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.