The GAO's Green Book: Internal Controls
*Qualifies for Yellow Book CPE credit*
How do you make sure bad things don't happen? Controls! In this webinar, learn how to define risks and apply controls to mitigate the risks - without creating a burdensome bureaucracy. The GAO's 2014 Green Book (Standards for Internal Control in the Federal Government) will be our guide.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
The major topics that will be covered in this course include:
- Purpose of the Green Book and COSO models
- Maturity scale for internal controls
- Application of the five elements of internal control to a case study
- Explanation of the 17 principles
- Discussion of how to integrate components and principles
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Identify business risks
- Apply the Green Book and COSO model to those risks
- Distinguish between the five components and seventeen principles of internal controls
- Determine if the Green Book is applicable to your operations
Professionals with three or more years of professional experience
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.