Introduction to the Not-for-Profit Industry
The not-for-profit industry has unique requirements. This course enables participants to understand and apply those unique requirements, including accounting and financial statement presentation unique to not-for-profits, understanding of asset restrictions, understanding when an entity qualifies for tax-exempt status, and tax filing requirements for not-for-profits.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
The major topics covered in this class include:
- Unique accounting and financial reporting
- Restricted assets: what are they and how do we work with them?
- Tax exemption requirements and reporting
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Recognize unique accounting and financial reporting requirements
- Recall asset restrictions and the requirements of those restrictions
- Distinguish what tax exemptions are and aren't, and identify what reporting requirements still remain
All levels of staff and professionals
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.