[4-HOUR P.M.] The Changing Role of the Financial Executive: Advancing From Tactical to Strategic
Are your ready to take your role as financial executive to the next level while adding significant value to the organization? A successful Financial Executive will go beyond financial statements, internal controls and general accounting to create new value for the organization. We'll explore new additional roles that financial executives are now accepting and outline a roadmap you can use to expand your role as a financial executive from simply internal process/transaction oriented to externally focused understanding of industry and macro trends.
- Leadership vs. Management
- Business and strategic planning processes
- Corporate culture
- Lean management techniques and processes
- Recruiting, retaining and developing employees
- Communications, listening and presentation skills
- Managing up and how to master it
- Business Strategy and the Controller
- The need for increased efficiency and the application of Lean techniques
- Application of best practices in the Accounting Department
When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Differentiate between the value of the traditional controller and the business oriented controller
- Apply the definition of controllership in your company by integrating controllership into the larger financial and organization leadership function
- Distinguish the importance of the planning process and the Controllers respective role
- Apply lean techniques to the accounting department and the organization
- Determine how Servant Leadership increases the success of the controller
Financial Executives and management accountants who want to improve the value add and impact of their skill set in order to drive the financial performance of an organization.
Registration for this course has passed.
Early Registration Member Fee
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing and register by September 6, 2017.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Early Registration Non-Member Fee
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA and register by September 6, 2017.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.