[WEB4] Advanced Cybersecurity Awareness in Accounting - What You Need to Know
Over 9 billion data records have been lost or stolen since 2013. With a frequency of almost 5.5 million records exposed every day, it is no longer a question of whether a firm has been compromised, but more a question of when it will happen. Does your team have the
cybersecurity knowledge and auditing skills to prevent or mitigate the next big breach?
In this course, participants will learn the basics of cybersecurity awareness and safeguarding sensitive data, how to address cybersecurity threats within a firm, and how to use AICPA best practices to manage and obtain assurance of cybersecurity risks. By its
conclusion, participants will know how to address cybersecurity threats with reasonable assurance in audit engagements.
- Cybersecurity awareness
- Data safeguarding
- Cybersecurity risk management and assurance
- Explain the cybersecurity threat landscape and its economic costs
- Identify evolving state regulatory and legal rules related to cybersecurity
- Apply the core principles of cybersecurity awareness to limit cybersecurity risk
- Describe the AICPAs cybersecurity risk management framework and CPA responsibilities
- Provide reasonable assurance related to third-party consultants and cloud providers
- Educate the firm and clients on cybersecurity basics, risk management, and best practices
CPAs, accountants, and financial professionals within firms that provide audit, tax, financial statement compilation, and/or consulting services or within large companies who consult with IT service organizations.
Early Registration Member Fee
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing and register by April 23, 2021.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Early Registration Non-Member Fee
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA and register by April 23, 2021.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.