[WEB] IRS Tax Examinations and Hot Issues
Due to IRS issue focused examinations, CPAs need to understand what types of returns are selected for examinations and ways to help clients survive an IRS audit with little or no change. As a result of issue focused examinations, CPAs must understand what the high audit risk area issues are and what the IRS is focusing on when a return is examined. In addition, because tax-related identity theft is a common issue for many taxpayers, it is critical for CPAs to understand the procedures necessary to resolve this matter for their clients.
- Criteria that the IRS uses to select returns for examination
- Vehicles, meals, virtual currency, and fringe benefit considerations
- Worker classification determinations on who is an employee and who is an independent contractor
- S corporation officer's reasonable compensation issues
- Responsibilities to pay the employment taxes when the business defaults
- Tax-related identity theft procedures
- Understand the IRS process for selecting returns for examination
- Identify the types of returns the IRS is examining
- Understand the hot examination issues that the IRS is focusing on to help clients reduce their exposure to additional tax assessments
- Determine if your client is a victim of tax-related identity theft and the procedures to use to resolve strategies for dealing with IRS examiners and presenting your clients' tax positions in the best light possible
CPAs in public practice who prepare tax returns and represent their clients on IRS examinations
Registration for this course has passed.
Early Registration Member Fee
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing and register by January 11, 2022.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Early Registration Non-Member Fee
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA and register by January 11, 2022.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.