The Form 990 Schedules Under the Microscope
This is a full day course exploring and addressing the most prominent Form 990 Schedules reporting issues for the experienced preparer.
This is a full day course exploring and addressing the most prominent Form 990 Schedules reporting issues for the experienced preparer. Topics to be covered include the following:
- Schedule A – analysis of the different types of public charities
- Schedule A – mapping from Part VIII of the Form 990 to Schedule A, Part II / Part III
- Schedule A – how to deal with the reporting obligations for supporting organizations
- Schedule B – when, and how, to use the special rule
- Schedule B – new guidance from the Internal Revenue Service
- Schedule C - correct calculation of lobbying expenditures
- Schedule D - FIN 48 footnote disclosure on Schedule D
- Schedule F - foreign transaction reporting
- Schedule F – conducting due diligence
- Schedule G - reporting of transactions with professional fundraisers on Schedule G
- Schedule G – effectively completing Part II
- Schedule G – reporting of gaming activities on Part III
- Schedule I – common mistakes when completing Schedule I
- Schedule J – reconciling Schedule J reporting to Part VII of the Form 990
- Schedule L – disclosing of insider transactions
- Schedule L – when insider transactions become excess benefit transactions / private inurement
- Schedule M - non-cash contribution reporting
- Schedule M – importance of having a gift acceptance policy
- Schedule O – proactive completion of Schedule O
- Schedule R – disclosure of related party transactions
As with all of our courses, there will be ample opportunity for the attendees to ask their “real life” questions throughout the day.
- Acquire a “big picture” understanding of each of the 16 different Form 990 Schedules
- Take a deep dive into some of the more commonly required Schedules, such as Schedule A, Schedule B, Schedule F, Schedule G, Schedule I, Schedule J, Schedule O and Schedule R
- Learn about the most prominent IRS audit "red flags" contained on the various Form 990 Schedules
This session will be focused upon providing the nonprofit practitioner and nonprofit executive/financial personnel with guidance and valuable resources/tools to best ensure that they possess sufficient knowledge regarding the Form 990 Schedules. This session is considered to be at a beginner/intermediate level. There are no prerequisites and no advance preparation required for attending this session.
Early Registration Member Fee
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing and register by September 13, 2019.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Early Registration Non-Member Fee
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA and register by September 13, 2019.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.
Neighbor Island Discount
Applicable for Neighbor Island members in good standing
Associate Neighbor Island Discount
Applicable for Associate Neighbor Island members in good standing
CPE ChoiceLearn more about CPE Choice.
|CPE Choice Fee||$250.00|