[WEB4] Form 990 Red Flags & Hot Buttons
This course will address the most prominent hot buttons contained on the Form 990 Core Form, and it's 16 different Schedules, particularly including the following
- Amended returns
- Fundraising expenses
- Reporting of program service revenue
- Information reporting
- Board diversity/independence
- Implementation of policies / procedures
- Insider compensation
- Classification of revenue
- Unrelated business income
- Special event accounting / reporting
- Allocations of functional expenses
- Calculation of the public support fraction
- Reporting of contributions
- Lobbying / Political activities
- Foreign activities
- Grantmaking activities
- Insider transactions
As with all of our courses, there will be ample opportunity for the attendees to ask their "real life" Form 990 questions throughout the session.
- Acquire a "big picture" understanding of the entire Form 990 and the Schedules.
- Take a deep dive into some of the more prominent Form 990 reporting issues.
- Learn about the most prominent IRS audit "red flags" and "hot buttons" contained on the various Form 990 Core Form and Schedules.
This session will be focused upon providing the nonprofit practitioner and nonprofit executive/financial personnel with guidance and valuable resources/tools to best ensure that they possess sufficient knowledge regarding the preparation and review of the Form 990.
Registration for this course has passed.
Early Registration Member Fee
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing and register by July 23, 2021.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Early Registration Non-Member Fee
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA and register by July 23, 2021.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.