Guided Tour of the Form 990
To be determined if live or virtual
Full day course addressing the entire Form 990, including the 12-Part Core Form and the 16 different Schedules. Since the Internal Revenue Service is now selecting Forms 990 for audit based upon their data-driven approach, we will concentrate on identifying those portions of the Form 990 which have the biggest tendency to be potential reporting "red flags".
- Form 990 Heading
- Form 990, Part I (fundraising ratio)
- Form 990, Part III (program service activities)
- Form 990, Part V (worker classification / information reporting / charitable contribution acknowledgements)
- Form 990, Part VI (governance / policies and procedures / public disclosure)
- Form 990, Part VII / Schedule J (insider compensation reporting)
- Form 990, Part VIII / Schedule G (revenue reporting / unrelated business income)
- Form 990, Part IX (expenses)
- Form 990, Part XI (reconciliations)
- Schedule A (public support test)
- Schedule B (contributors)
- Schedule C (lobbying/political activities)
- Schedule D (uncertain tax positions)
- Schedule F (foreign activities)
- Schedule I (domestic grantmaking)
- Schedule L (insider transactions)
- Schedule O (narratives)
- Schedule R - disclosure of related party transactions
As with all of our courses, there will be ample opportunity for the attendees to ask their "real life" Form 990 questions throughout the day. Plus, there will be various in-class hand's-on activities related to the Form 990.
- Acquire a "big picture" understanding of the entire Form 990.
- Take a deep dive into some of the more prominent Form 990 reporting issues.
- Learn about the most prominent IRS audit "red flags" contained on the various Form 990 Parts and Schedules.
This session will be focused upon providing the nonprofit practitioner and nonprofit executive/financial personnel with guidance and valuable resources/tools to best ensure that they possess sufficient knowledge regarding the preparation and review of the Form 990.
Early Registration Member Fee
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing and register by September 10, 2020.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Early Registration Non-Member Fee
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA and register by September 10, 2020.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.