Individual Tax Workshop - Advanced
Participants will review the rules, regulations, and forms required for the filing of the individual income tax return. This two-day program will use the Form 1040 to highlight commonly encountered problems.
- Discuss the latest changes and legislative developments affecting individuals
- Calculate the Kiddie Tax and complete Form 8615 and Form 8814
- Calculate depreciation, including bonus depreciation, half-year and mid-quarter conventions, and 179 additional first-year depreciation
- Determine the proper tax treatment of payments for alimony and child support
- Determine the deductibility of travel and entertainment expenses
- Calculate the deduction under 199A for qualified business income
- Calculate alternative minimum tax and identify individuals likely to be affected by AMT
- Discuss capital gains and losses, sale of business property and Form 4797, sale of principal residence, like-kind exchanges and Form 8824, installment sales and Form 6252, basis
- Describe filing requirements, including penalties and payments of estimated tax
- Calculate itemized deductions, including qualified residence interest, qualified housing interest, charitable contributions, and miscellaneous itemized deductions
- Explain the deductibility of losses, including passive activity losses, vacation homes, office in the home, and hobby losses
- Describe the tax effect of contributions to and distributions from qualified plans, including IRAs and penalty taxes
- Determine if income is subject to self-employment tax
- Describe the requirements for filing Form 1099s and penalties for noncompliance
- Calculate common refundable/nonrefundable credits including Nanny Tax (Schedule H)
Early Registration Member Fee
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing and register by November 25, 2019.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Early Registration Non-Member Fee
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA and register by November 25, 2019.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.
Neighbor Island Discount
Applicable for Neighbor Island members in good standing
Associate Neighbor Island Discount
Applicable for Associate Neighbor Island members in good standing