[WEB] Like-Kind Exchange Mechanics
This class is designed to illustrate the steps to follow in filling out Form 8824, Like-Kind Exchanges.
After completing this course the participant will be able to:
- Summarize the statutory requirements for qualifying as a like-kind exchange
- Illustrate the basic rules that deal with the mechanics of like-kind exchanges, including boot, transaction costs, debt rules, and depreciating the replacement property
- Illustrate the steps in determining the amount of gain, if any, that is to be recognized and how to calculate the basis in the replacement property
- Complete a Form 8824 using the settlement sheets for the relinquished property and replacement property in determining gain recognized and basis in the replacement property
- Describe the tax effect of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act on like-kind exchanges
Registration for this course has passed.
Early Registration Member Fee
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing and register by October 21, 2020.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Early Registration Non-Member Fee
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA and register by October 21, 2020.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.