QuickBooks Internal Controls and Advanced Tips and Techniques
The QuickBooks ecosystem of accounting tools remains the most widely-used set of accounting applications in use by small businesses, yet many of these organizations struggle because of inadequate internal controls and lack of knowledge regarding advanced functionality available. In this seminar, you will learn options for how you can improve internal controls, operations, and reporting in small businesses running QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Enterprise, or Online.
Through participating in this program, you will learn the importance of maintaining a strong system of internal controls in a small business environment, including businesses using QuickBooks accounting solutions. You will also learn about the four common types of internal controls and how to assess the relative condition of the internal control structure of a small business. With this background in place, the focus then shifts to discovering the opportunities to enhance internal controls in QuickBooks-based environments by using features found in the application. In addition, you will learn numerous tips for working more efficiently and effectively in QuickBooks, including advanced reporting techniques, managing inventory, and using Client Data Review to speed the process of cleaning up a QuickBooks data file.
Identify the importance of internal controls in QuickBooks environments
- List four common types of internal controls and provide examples of each
- Assess the relative strength or weakness of a QuickBooks-based organizations internal control structure
- Create and implement effective internal controls using tools and features found in various editions of QuickBooks
- Identify techniques for handling advanced reporting issues, including using the QuickBooks Statement Writer and Open Database Connectivity
- Utilize the Client Data Review Feature to streamline the process of cleaning up QuickBooks data files and closing accounting periods
- List options for managing inventory more efficiently in QuickBooks
Accountants and other business professionals who want to improve internal controls and work more effectively and efficiently in QuickBooks and QuickBooks Online environments
Early Registration Member Fee
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing and register by September 14, 2018.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Early Registration Non-Member Fee
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA and register by September 14, 2018.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.
Neighbor Island Discount
Applicable for Neighbor Island members in good standing
Associate Neighbor Island Discount
Applicable for Associate Neighbor Island members in good standing
CPE ChoiceLearn more about CPE Choice.
|CPE Choice Fee||$240.00|