Real Estate Tax Boot Camp
This course is a deep dive into all things real estate tax related for the mid-level practitioner moving into this complex area. You will deepen your understanding of the complex considerations and strategies that individuals must navigate in acquiring, holding, managing, constructing, and disposing of real estate. You will leave the course able to navigate critical issues associated with the relevant returns and plan strategically for your company or clients.
- Syndications and other forms of ownership
- Installment sales
- Acquisitions and leasing
- Depreciation and recapture
- Land development
- Passive activity losses
- Expense vs. capitalization
- Tax-free real estate transactions
- At-risk rules
- Like-kind exchanges
- Capital versus ordinary income
- Understand the most commonly used forms of ownership for real estate holdings and the scenario-based advantages and disadvantages of each
- Be able to analyze the tax-specific considerations relevant to purchase and finance structuring alternatives and determine the most advantageous options
- Know and be able to apply the key considerations in determinations surrounding expense versus capitalization, depreciation and recapture, and the determination of passive activity losses
CPAs who do or will advise clients or their company on issues related to the acquisition, holding, management, and disposition of real estate
Registration for this course has passed.
Early Registration Member Fee
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing and register by October 18, 2018.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Early Registration Non-Member Fee
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA and register by October 18, 2018.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.
Neighbor Island Discount
Applicable for Neighbor Island members in good standing
Associate Neighbor Island Discount
Applicable for Associate Neighbor Island members in good standing
CPE ChoiceLearn more about CPE Choice.
|CPE Choice Fee||$240.00|