Surgent's Annual Accounting and Auditing Update (ACAU)
Designed for accounting and attestation practitioners at all levels in both public accounting and business and industry, this course provides a comprehensive review of recent standard setting activities of the PCC, FASB, ASB, and ARSC. Not only will this course bring you up-to-date on the requirements, it also provides you with many hands-on examples and illustrations to help you apply the guidance in practice. You'll learn about the latest standards, exposure drafts, and guidance focusing on issues applicable to accountants and attestation practitioners in public accounting and private industry. This course also includes a discussion of common audit quality issues noted in peer reviews; updates practitioners on the latest developments impacting compilation, preparation, and review engagements; and discusses other matters of interest to all accountants.
- Private company standard setting activities
- Recently issued FASB Accounting Standards Updates
- Revenue recognition
- Other items on the FASB's Technical Agenda
- Recently issued SASs and other AICPA and PCAOB activity
- SSARS No. 21, Clarification and Recodification and other recently issued SSARS
- Audit quality issues
- Other important A&A practice matters
- Keep abreast of current private company advocacy activities of the PCC
- Review and apply recently issued FASB, ASB, and ARSC pronouncements
- Be aware of various standard setters’ agendas, technical plans, and project updates
- Understand SSARS No. 21 relating to the preparation of financial statements and new guidance on compilations and reviews
- Recall common audit quality issues and concerns
- Be familiar with other important A&A practice matters you should be aware of
- Utilize hands-on examples and illustrations to increase your overall understanding and application of the material
Accounting and auditing practitioners at all levels desiring to remain up-to-date on recent pronouncements and other standard setters' activities
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.