Surgent's Financial reporting Update for Tax Practitioners (AAUP)
Designed for all tax practitioners, including those who prepare tax basis financial statements for their clients, this course will replenish your accounting and reporting tank with an update of recent standard setting activities at the PCC, FASB, ASB, and ARSC, including the new revenue recognition, lease and financial instruments accounting standards, including their effects on income tax accounting. The course will also review the income tax effects of other recent FASB updates. We will also review the authoritative standards and guidance for performing and reporting on engagements found in SSARS No. 21, Clarification and Recodification and other recently issued SSARS. The course will focus on any changes to common book-tax temporary differences which will result from applying this new guidance and will utilize plenty of hands-on examples and illustrations to increase your overall understanding and application of the material.
- Recent standard setting and consulting activities at the PCC, FASB, ASB, and ARSC
- Tax basis financial statements
- SSARS No. 21, Clarification and Recodification, and other recently issued SSARS
- Come up-to-speed on recent standard setting activities at the PCC, FASB, ASB, and ARSC
- Determine the income tax accounting impact of recently issued FASB ASU's
- Be aware of auditing trends on the radar
- Understand and apply the SSARS No. 21, Clarification and Recodification, relating to the preparation of financial statements and new guidance on compilations and reviews
All tax practitioners desiring to remain up-to-date on recent accounting, reporting, and compilation and review activities
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.