Surgent's After the SECURE Act: Comparing and Contrasting Retirement Plans for Small- and Medium-Sized Bus
Clients often ask their tax advisors whether they have the "best" pension plan and whether they are using it to its maximum advantage. This program explains how various pension plans work and analyzes why a small or medium-sized business owner would choose one plan over another.
- Factors business owners should take into account when choosing a retirement plan in light of SECURE Act changes
- SIMPLE Plans
- Simplified Employee Pension Plans
- 401(k) plans
- Defined benefit plans
- Ensuring eligible employees are covered
- Employees’ impact on choice of plan
- Ongoing compliance requirements
- Tax filing requirements
- New for 2020! Establishing a plan after the tax year end!
- New for 2020! Changes to Safe Harbor 401(k) plans
- New for 2021! Pooled Employer Plans!
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of the major pension-planning options for small- and medium-sized business owners in light of SECURE Act changes in pension plan rules
- Help clients evaluate pension plan options and select the best pension-planning option for them for 2020 and beyond
Any tax practitioner who will advise a business owner about selecting a pension plan for his or her business
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.