Surgent's Understanding the High Stakes Mega Issues in A&A Today (IAA4)
With the recent release of a series of high-impact new accounting standards, the impact of these pronouncements will take center stage over the next few years. In addition to new accounting guidance, these standards have the potential to change how companies do business. In this course, we will explore the accounting and operational impact of recent FASB activity, including standards on revenue and leases. Further, in the aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic, entities will be faced with the challenge of accounting for the impact of the pandemic, including asset impairments and debt restructuring. The course will also cover accounting guidance, much of it complex and relatively new, related to asset impairment and accounting for debt restructuring.
As assisting our clients with the adoption of significant new accounting standards and providing guidance and support through challenging economic times are the hallmarks of accountants' professionalism, this course will prepare you for these high stakes issues, which your clients are likely to face in the not too distant future.
- Accounting and operational impacts of adopting Topic 606
- Accounting and operational impacts of adopting ASU No. 2016-02
- Impairment of both financial and non-financial assets
- Accounting for debt restructurings
- Understand and apply the FASB’s new revenue recognition standard, Topic 606
- Review the FASB’s new lease accounting guidance, ASU No. 2016-02
- Recall the relevant accounting guidance related to financial and non-financial asset impairment
- Identify the appropriate accounting model to account for the restructuring of debt and other borrowing agreements
Practicing CPAs and their staffs, both in public accounting and business and industry - controllers, accountants, and other financial accounting personnel involved in financial statement preparation and review
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.