Surgent's The Convergence of Health Care and Financial Planning
Understanding the central planning issues surrounding retirement health care is critical while building a comprehensive and effective financial plan. Tax professionals are in a unique position to impact wealth accumulation strategies, adjust retirement income plans, and be a trusted resource for clients.
- Estimating retirement health care costs
- Understanding the impact of Medicare IRMAA on retirement income
- Reviewing Medicare coverage choices
- Optimal timing for the transition to Medicare
- Coordinating Medicare with COBRA and employer
- Retirement strategies with health savings accounts
- Understanding the impact of tax-free income on Medicare premiums
- Utilizing key health care provisions in the 2021 American Rescue Act
- Important trends in long-term care planning
- Providing resources for clients
- Understand the major components and taxation of retirement health care costs
- Incorporate health savings accounts and Roth IRAs into retirement tax planning
- Recognize opportunities and methods to plan for custodial care
Tax professionals planning for the intersection of taxation, retirement, and investment planning
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.