Surgent's Top Business Tax Planning Strategies After Tax Reform (BTPS)
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 contains provisions that, when properly implemented, allow the business taxpayer to reduce its tax liability. This program focuses on certain tax strategies that are based on the new tax changes and allow businesses to reduce their tax liability.
- Taking maximum advantage of the Section 199A 20% deduction
- Consider whether the reduction in C corporation tax rates merits converting to a C corporation
- Limit the impact of the new loss limitation rules for taxpayers other than C corporations
- Take maximum advantage of the opportunity to deduct research and experimental expenditures
- Avoid the limitation on the deduction of net business interest expense by electing ADS depreciation
- Minimize the limitation of the deduction of expenses for entertainment and certain fringe benefits
- Take advantage of more tax-efficient tax accounting methods
- Help advise business owner clients to adopt tax planning strategies that would reduce their tax liability based on changes from the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017
Tax practitioners who anticipate advising business clients regarding strategies built upon new tax law changes that would reduce their tax liability
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.