Surgent's Progressive Discipline and Termination (PDAT)
Employee discipline is always challenging. Training on proper progressive discipline is critical to avoiding potential lawsuits while also trying to bring out the best possible employee performance. This webinar is designed to assist human resources professionals and managers in understanding the best ways to use progressive discipline as both a management and risk reduction tool. The webinar also will address best practices with regard to the employee termination process.
- Defining progressive discipline, including typical steps in any progressive discipline process
- The importance of a fair disciplinary process
- When and how progressive discipline should be used, including using progressive discipline in the lead-up to termination
- Documentation best practices
- Limitations on at-will employment, including contracts and laws regarding discrimination and retaliation
- Avoiding key risks in the termination process
- Best practices for legally compliant termination procedures
- Explain best practices with regard to progressive discipline
- Advise employers regarding steps they can take to reduce litigation risks associated with employee termination
- Understand wrongful termination and discrimination claims, including how to avoid them
Human resources professionals and managers
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.