Surgent's Max the Tax: Common 1040 Items
During this interactive simulation, you will act as an IRS tax agent tasked with analyzing a tax return with various items flagged for review. After you interview the taxpayers, you must make any necessary changes to the return based on the latest tax legislation. Your goal is to close the examination and ensure the tax return is complete and accurate. Do you have what it takes to "Max the Tax"?
- The taxation of cryptocurrency mining
- The CARES Act Economic Impact Payments and Recovery Rebate Credit
- The ARPA unemployment compensation exclusion
- Charitable contributions
- The Child Tax Credit
- Determine whether any updates are required based on the tax return items flagged for review
- Understand how recent legislation impacts Form 1040 reporting
Tax practitioners desiring an interactive approach to learn the latest tax legislation
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.