Surgent's Max the Tax: Common Deductions
During this interactive simulation, you will interview a sophisticated client who is knowledgeable about the latest changes in tax laws. This client always comes prepared with ideas of what deductions he may take, and it is your job to determine whether his claims are accurate and consistent with the latest tax regulations.
- Home office deduction
- Alimony payments
- Charitable contributions
- Medical expense deduction
- Home mortgage interest deduction
- State and local income tax (SALT) deduction
- Gambling winnings and losses
- Determine whether the client’s claims are accurate
- Understand common tax deductions taken on Form 1040
Tax practitioners desiring an interactive approach to learn key tax knowledge
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.