Surgent's Top 10 Technology Risks and Trends Every CPA Should Know (TECS)
The use of technology by businesses of all types, including CPA firms, has exploded in recent years. This has created the need for proactive and robust cybersecurity risk management practices. This course will explore the most common technology risks and trends that every CPA should know to better advise and serve clients. This includes maximizing the use of technology on audit and other professional services.
- Discuss importance of securing client data
- Describe how to avoid malware and other security threats
- Explore recent SEC cybersecurity guidance
- Discuss risks from the use of audit software
- Explain threats to independence resulting from hosting the client’s data
- Explore how data analytics are being applied in audits
- Explain the trends and risks related to blockchain
- Describe migrating data to a cloud-based environment
- Explore the recent Cybersecurity Risk Management Framework
- Discuss attest service options related to a client’s cybersecurity risk management program
- Discuss current trends in information technology applications
- Explain how to best manage information technology-related risks that CPA firms face when providing professional services to clients
- Explain how auditors are leveraging technology on their engagements
- Describe the nonattest and attest service options available to assist clients with cybersecurity risk management
CPAs in either public or private practice with accounting, financial reporting, or attest responsibilities
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.