Surgent's Fraud Basics: Protecting the Company Till (DRF4)
Our focus is to reduce the overall risk of fraud. To that end, this course focuses on what factors contribute to turning honest employees into schemers. Discussion will include integrity and ethics, as well as how people may react in certain situations. We also explore the darknet and cryptocurrency fraud.
- Fraud's cost: ACFE's Report to the Nations; Ancillary costs
- Current economy: Microeconomics; Analyses
- COSO's Internal Control Framework: Principle #1 - Integrity/Ethics; Principle #8 - Fraud Risk Assessment
- Power of morale: Shrink the fraud triangle; Motivation
- Why good folks go bad: What studies indicate; Five interesting findings; Red flags
- The Dark Web
- Understand the prevalence of fraud
- Realize how organizations may cause fraud without realizing it
- Comprehend the cost of fraud
- See how the new COSO Framework for Internal Control focuses on fraud
- Understand that there are many layers in fraud defense
CPAs in public practice and industry who wish to educate clients or colleagues on how to better prevent fraud from occurring at the source
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.