Surgent's Form 1065 Boot Camp: Step-by-Step Preparation with Completed Forms (1065)
The objective of this course is to train new, rusty, or returning-to-practice staff to prepare a complicated federal partnership tax return. The course includes a chapter- by-chapter, hands-on approach to completing Form 1065. As details are discussed within each chapter, information is provided to prepare an intricate Form 1065. The course and instruction delivery is geared toward a basic understanding and progresses to more complex issues via Surgent's "Step-by-Step" preparation guide. The boot camp allows staff to discover the connections between a trial balance and a completed partnership return, with a filled-in completed Form 1065 provided in the case solutions.
- Gain a thorough understanding of federal income tax laws for partnerships and LLCs, from formation to tax return preparation issues
- Who files Form 1065, and who does not file Form 1065
- Trade or Business income and expenses versus Separately Stated Items
- The importance of Schedule M-1
- Maintaining Capital Accounts
- Partnership distributions -- current or liquidating, cash or property
- How to allocate recourse and nonrecourse debt
- Self-employment tax issues
- Complete coverage of any new legislation enacted before presentation
- Other developing issues and hot topics
- Mastering two common tax forms, Depreciation (4562) and Sale of Assets (4797)
- Partnership reporting oddities
- Accurately preparing partnership returns and reconciling book income to taxable income
- Learn in detail about the preparation of Form 1065, Schedules M-1, K, and K-1
- Learn in detail about common business reporting Forms 4562 and 4797
- Provide staff with the first stage of a graduated professional education program in servicing partnership and LLC clients
All levels of staff and company controllers responsible for filing these forms
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.