Surgent's Negotiating Unmasked (NEGU)
Negotiating Unmasked is intended to provide participants with a practical approach to negotiating. Negotiating should not be thought of as hidden knowledge, nor should there be any mythology surrounding it. This program will analyze the components embedded in negotiating and will provide tips and tools for superior results. This program should prove to be beneficial both for participants who feel uncomfortable with the process and for more experienced negotiators. Participants will be provided with a recipe for successful negotiating to be complemented and accented by each participant's own special mix of style and expertise. The discussion leader will illustrate this analytical framework with a sprinkling of war stories based on his extensive experience. The goal of Negotiating Unmasked is to demystify the process. Participants will be presented with an analytical framework that will reduce concerns about the process and allow them to concentrate on the subject matter of a negotiation.
- Understanding the process and art of negotiating
- Analyzing the component parts of negotiating
- Positioning yourself for success
- Practical steps to improve results
- Unmasking negotiating, revealing the true face of negotiating
- Going beyond theory, buzz-words and hype
- How to define “success”
- Identifying the rational and emotional elements of negotiating
- Understanding the larger context surrounding a negotiation
- Analyzing the decision to negotiate; the costs of negotiating
- The pros and cons of how you negotiate
- Establishing procedural rules for a negotiation
- Negotiation as a team activity
- How to gain control of a negotiation
- The hardest thing to negotiate
- On-the-fly and extended negotiations
- Contract as negotiating tool or impediment
- Negotiation as relationship building
CPAs and attorneys who want to become better negotiators
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.