Surgent's Excel Lookups: Moving Beyond VLOOKUP Limitations (EXLU)
How do you pull a value from a cell into another cell? Do you use a direct cell reference, like =G10? If so, you are probably missing out on some efficiency gains that could be achieved by using a variety of Excel's lookup functions. Veteran Excel users, who are aware of the VLOOKUP function, are also painfully aware of its limitations--especially that it cannot go left. We will explore how to bypass VLOOKUP's limitations by nesting functions and by moving beyond VLOOKUP altogether.
- Using lookup functions as an alternative to direct cell references
- Understand the limitations of the VLOOKUP function
- Discover ways to move beyond these limitations
- Recognize when and why a lookup function is better than a direct cell reference
- Use three of Excel's many lookup functions
- Gain comfort with the arguments of the functions presented
Accounting professionals using Excel for Windows
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.