Surgent's Advanced Technical Tax Forms Training - Form 1040 Issues (ATFI)
Don't let the title frighten you. Experienced staff can get bogged down in busy season with advanced practice and reporting issues. This course discusses the topics that experienced staff, managers, and partners should understand in depth while also assisting experienced staff in avoiding costly mistakes when facing complicated 1040 issues. The manual includes several advanced cases with "filled-in" forms provided with the complete answers.
- What’s NEW for this year -- Aimed at higher level staff issues and planning
- Taking initiative in difficult assignments, can you deliver the QBI message? Full coverage of §199A qualified business income, its calculation, limitations, and examples
- How much has the cost of operating as a C Corporation gone down; enough to switch entity choice?
- Does aggregating Passive Activities also aggregate “At-Risk”?
- Advanced practice, basis, reporting, and gift issues intertwined with advanced planning and discussion ideas
- Remember the Alamo -- The IRS Future State Initiative, how will clients (and practitioners) interact with IRS in the future?
- Why the “Light Brigade” failed - Discuss a proposal for a yet to be developed new tax form, which calculates S corp basis, designed to be attached to individual returns
- Malodorous Form 8867, changes again this year!
- Form 6198 – At-risk basis: Detailed case study and discussion of how this form is to be used and when it needs to be filed; learn how basis and at-risk basis are different, and why this is significant
- Form 6252 – Installment sale income: A common tax area; however, a case study and discussion of this topic includes advanced issues such as gain on reacquisition of installment sale property, including worksheets on calculating gain & tax basis of reacquired property
- Form 5329 – Additional taxes on qualified plans: Advanced study of how to avoid penalties
- Form 6251 – Detailed case study and discussion on the adjustments and preferences associated with alternative minimum tax, including discussion of proper treatment of incentive stock options
- Recognize and understand how to handle advanced technical issues which arise in a professional practice and in preparing individual tax returns
- Complete the tax forms for selected issues
CPAs in public accounting who prepare or review complex 1040 returns
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.