Surgent's Real Estate Taxation: Critical Considerations (RET4)
In this course, we will address critical considerations that a mid-level practitioner needs to understand when moving into the complex area of advising clients and preparing returns related to the acquiring, holding, managing, constructing, and disposing of real estate. You will leave the course able to navigate many of the key issues associated with the relevant returns and plan strategically for your company or clients. We will also discuss the significant impact the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act has had on the real estate industry.
- Depreciation and recapture
- Passive activity losses
- Determination of basis
- Determination of gain or loss on sale of real estate
- Taxation of rental operations
- Installment sales
- Understand the most commonly used forms of ownership for real estate holdings and the scenario-based advantages and disadvantages of each
- Know and be able to apply the key considerations in determinations surrounding depreciation and recapture, like-kind exchanges, and the determination of passive activity losses
CPAs who advise clients or their company on issues related to the acquisition, holding, management, and disposition of real estate
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.