Surgent's Understanding FLSA Compliance (OVR3)
The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) establishes minimum wage, overtime pay, recordkeeping, and child labor standards affecting full-time and part-time workers in the private sector and in federal, state, and local governments. Exemptions from both minimum wage and overtime pay include executive, administrative, and professional employees (including teachers and academic administrative personnel in elementary and secondary schools), outside sales employees, and employees in certain computer-related occupations. This program is a survey of the highlights of the FLSA.
- Overview of The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Overview of the new regulations
- The District Court Injunction, basis and impact
- Considerations for employers regarding compliance steps taken before the injunction
- Weighing ROI and risk in retracting salary adjustments
- 2017 FLSA compliance overview and update
- Understand the distinctions between exempt vs. non-exempt employees
- Be aware of the current status of the proposed overtime regulations
- Know the categories of and requirements for exempt employees
- Understand proper compensation methods, employee classifications, and timekeeping and recordkeeping practice
Practitioners who wish to know which employees are subject to overtime and which are not under the FLSA
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.