Surgent's Navigating Your Client Through the IRS Appeals Process (NAV4)
Despite the fact that a client's matter may be taken directly to court, utilizing IRS Appeals usually results in saving your client both time and money. Join us as we discuss the misunderstood process through IRS Appeals.
- Requesting a meeting or phone conference with the examiner’s supervisor
- Requesting review of the examiner’s decision by a local appeals office
- Small case requests when tax, penalties, and interest for each period are $25,000 or less
- Writing and filing a Formal Protest, including required information
- Alternative Dispute Resolution options available to clients
- Negotiation and time limitations
- Identify strategies in speaking informally with the examiner’s supervisor
- Recognize how to craft the appeal to best affect the desired findings for your client
- Identify strategies regarding in person, correspondence, or phone conferences with IRS Appeals
- Utilize IRS Appeals, the only level of appeal within the IRS, to avoid costly, contentious, and time-consuming court trials
CPAs who wish to represent clients with a tax matter in disagreement
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.