The Best Federal Tax Update Course by Surgent (BFTU)
We now have the benefit of the completion of the first full tax season since the issuance of tax reform legislation. In this course, tax advisors will be fully updated on the most important aspects of tax reform as well as major trends on the horizon with a view toward planning after implementation of TCJA. As both formal and informal guidance is issued, you will be kept fully up-to-date.
- Loss limitation rules and the ability to offset income
- Bonus depreciation rules and expansion of §179
- Expansion of number of taxpayers able to use the cash method of accounting
- 30% business interest limitation
- Doubling of estate and gift tax exemption to $22.8M for a married couple
- Comprehensive coverage of §199A and its alteration of pass-through taxation and planning
- Relevant state domicile issues which are quickly becoming a new source of practitioner profit
- Virtual currency
- Overtime update
- Practice aids, including all the numbers applicable for the current year -- inflation-adjusted amounts, mileage rates, retirement contributions, and more
- The latest issues related to any other late-breaking tax law changes
- Understand the latest enacted tax law changes
- Understand strategies and techniques to use in light of tax changes
- Understand current cases and rulings affecting individuals and businesses
CPAs who need to know the latest tax law changes in all areas of practice
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.