Surgent's Hiring and Firing of Employees - What You Can and Cannot Do (HFEM)
There are numerous federal laws that restrict what businesses can do in terms of hiring and firing employees. Many of these laws impose significant penalties if employers violate them. Accordingly, it is crucial that all employers and their professional advisors understand these laws and apply them to their employment practices.
- Employment at will—what this means in a practical sense
- Implied employment contracts
- What a prospective employer can ask about, and test for, during employment interviews
- Federal anti-discrimination rules applicable to hiring and firing
- How to fire an employee and not get sued
- Recognize when a worker might have an implied employment contract
- Know what to ask about and what to discuss during an employment interview
- Know how to discharge an employee—what, and what not, to say and do
Any practitioner whose duties involve hiring and firing employees
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.