[WEB] Tax Exempt Organizations - Planning and Compliance for Tax Matters
LINK AND INSTRUCTIONS TO COME FROM HSCPA ONE DAY PRIOR TO SESSION
Tax-exempt organizations are subject to a variety of complex tax rules and can be exposed to penalties if their everyday operations are not carefully monitored. The IRS is expanding audit coverage of all types of exempt organizations, concentrating on "governance" issues. This program addresses the major tax issues exempt organizations face from a transaction planning and compliance perspective.
Participants will be able to:
- Recognize unrelated business taxable income (UBTI) issues
- Apply tax law to the calculation of UBTI
- Report UBTI correctly
- Recognize the exceptions to the UBTI rules
- Understand the tax implications of advertising and sponsorship
- Understand and properly handle unrelated debt-financed income
- Recognize other unrelated business taxable income issues
- Determine appropriate handling of political activity and legislative lobbying
- Recognize when intermediate sanctions are applicable and what rules must be observed to avoid exposure to them
- Recognize circumstances where disclosure is necessary and when exceptions to the general disclosure rules exist
- Understand the tax return's focus on management and policies
Early Registration Member Fee
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing and register by June 15, 2023.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Early Registration Non-Member Fee
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA and register by June 15, 2023.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.