[WEB6] Tax Practitioner's Guide to Accounting and Reporting Issues
This 6-hour course approaches financial statement preparation and review from the perspective of a tax practitioner. Often tax motivated clients have different needs with regard to financial statements. Topics in the program are:
- Be able to compare and contrast tax returns and tax basis financial statements
- Know U.S. GAAP versus tax differences and disclosure requirements
- Tax and other special purpose financial statement frameworks
- Reporting requirements for SSARS engagements
- Recent changes to GAAP that affect closely held businesses
- Frequently encountered reporting and performance issues by tax practitioners
- Reporting issues for tax practitioners issuing compilation and review reports
- Book vs. tax differences
- Important financial statement presentation issues for tax and other special purpose frameworks
- Disclosure requirements for tax and other special purpose frameworks
- Non-disclosure financial statements
- Overview of recent relevant accounting standards updates
Participants will be able to:
- Identify differences between U.S. GAAP requirements and the tax return
- Recognize problems in performance and documenting of preparations, compilations, and reviews
- Apply accounting standard and appropriate disclosure
Tax practitioners who are associated with prepared, compiled, or reviewed U.S. GAAP and/or tax basis financial statements
Registration for this course has passed.
Early Registration Member Fee
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing and register by November 26, 2020.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Early Registration Non-Member Fee
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA and register by November 26, 2020.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.