Surgent's Guide and Update to Compilations, Reviews, and Preparations
Specifically designed for preparation, compilation, and review practitioners, this course will provide you with a comprehensive review and hands-on application for performing financial statement preparation, compilation, and review engagements. You will learn the ins and outs of applying SSARS No. 21, Clarification and Recodification, as well as the additional guidance related to SSARS engagements through the issuance of SSARS Nos. 22-25 by the ARSC. The course will also review recent peer review feedback on SSARS engagements, providing insights on how to successfully apply this guidance.
Not only will this course bring you up to date on SSARSs requirements and guidance, but more importantly, it will provide you with practical examples and illustrations to help you effectively and efficiently perform compilation, preparation, and review engagements.
- SSARS No. 21, Clarification and Recodification, and updates to SSARS No. 21 due to the issuance of SSARS No. 23, Omnibus Statement on Standards for Accounting and Review Services
- SSARS No. 24, Omnibus Statement on Standards for Accounting and Review Services - 2018
- SSARS No. 22, Compilation of Pro Forma Financial Information
- Comprehensive sample engagement work programs for every level of SSARS No. 21 service
- Complete illustrations of engagement letters, management representation letter, reporting and other required communications for every level of SSARS No. 21 service
- Quality issues related to SSARS No. 21 engagements
- Proposed changes to the SSARS
- Understand and apply SSARS No. 21, Clarification and Recodification
- Be familiar with changes due to the issuance of SSARS Nos. 22, 23 and 24
- Be familiar with preparation, compilation, and review program examples
- Be aware of the most recent reports and other required communications
Accounting practitioners and their staff performing and managing compilation, preparation, and review engagement services
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.